Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I still haven't received my W2 from Rotelli's


I still haven't received my W2 from Rotelli's?
I worked for a Rotellis in the Wellington Green Mall Welling, Florida) for more than a year that closed down last year and I still haven't received my W2 from them? I tried calling the corporate office and no one answers? Does anyone know what I can do to get my W2 soon? Thanks.
United States - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Because you have already contacted the company and still did not receive the "form by February 14th from your employer/payer, you may call the IRS at 800–829–1040 for assistance. You must provide your name, address (including zip code), phone number, Social Security Number, dates of employment, your employer/payer's name, address (including zip code), and phone number. The IRS will contact the employer/payer for you and request the missing form. IRS will also send you a Form 4852 (PDF), Substitute for Form W-2 or Form 1099-R. "If you do not receive the missing form in sufficient time to file your tax return timely, you may use the Form 4852. If you receive the missing or corrected Form W-2 or Form 1099 after you file your return and a correction is needed, use Form 1040X (PDF), Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. For additional information on filing an amended return, refer to Topic 308, Amended Returns. "
2 :
Call the IRS, they'll help you file without the W-2. A company is legally required to still give out W-2's even if they're out of business by the end of the year, but some don't.