Saturday, May 1, 2010

Don't the cameramen ...


Don't the cameramen ...?
... at the cricket deserve more recognition than what they get? Their work is very important in the quality of a telecast. They have to be able to concentrate all day, be able to see where the ball is going through that monitor on the camera and they hardly ever lose the ball, even against a background where it is very hard to see. Cricket cameramen do an exceptionally good job and they deserve credit for that. In the Wellington test match they have to work in very difficult conditions ... up on that scaffolding tower in substantial wind.
Cricket - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes they do but as usual the people who make it all happen get nothing and the few who think they are gods get everything.
2 :
They should be recognized as much as the players do, from a fan and commentator perspective. Unfortunately, they are not in forefront and people forget them as they are not shown quite often. Without their hard work I do not think the fans would be able to see iota of the game. I personally like to thank them for all the efforts and we need to request ICC to have an award for the best cameraman, photographer and other categories we always miss. Thanks for asking a wonderful question
3 :
Oh yeah they deserve recognition BUT Cmon what a job to have !!! Watching cricket all day !! I would love it !!
4 :
Yeah, they should. I would have never seen a single match without em'.
5 :
You're right about that, but sometimes I think we would be better off back in the old days before TV cameras, as there was no controversy then!!! Edit:Hey kiwi, remember Joe the camera man? lol lol
6 :
Yes the camaramen need more recongnition for the fine work. Editor also needs some recognition. They have to decide on the angles and co-ordinate with the commentators. But the Camaraman is the most imp guy undoubtedly.
7 :
I agree. I think I have only seen maybe one story about the cameramen on the Cricket Show on Channel 9 and that's it. I suppose behind the scenes they are appreciated by the people that hire them but I don't think the public actually realise the work they do. It's just cricket on the TV that they can enjoy.
8 :
Well if they did'nt have the coverage from the cameramen then we would'nt get all the close ups..I love it when someone smashes a six and the cameraman can follow the ball all the way..They are pretty clever fella's with one lucky job..I'd love to be a camera woman..What a cool job...
9 :
They absolutely do. We do take them for granted until the very rare occasion when they lose sight of the ball. I honestly cannot remember the last time that's happened. Hats off to them.
10 :
Hey, why should they? They are getting paid for what they are doing - plus they get to see all these matches for free. I wish I was a sports cameraman!