Saturday, March 14, 2009

What should I do to get a job before my work permit expires in New Zealand


What should I do to get a job before my work permit expires in New Zealand?
Hi,I was an international student before,now i have graduated and am currently on a graduate job search work permit,looking for work in Wellington...i have to find a full time,permanent job before 15 december this year so that i can get my permit extended and stay in new zealand,and then get my residency...i need to get a job relevant to my degree(finance qualification) to get my permit extended..but i am having a hard time getting a relevant job coz the job market is quite.....but i have heard of others getting non-relevant jobs and still being able to get the permit extended....any suggestions what i should do?..should i take any job that comes my way?...is anyone of u in a similar situation?
Wellington - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You must get a job suitable to your qualification to get residency. You've simply got to apply yourself. Shop yourself out to agencies (including temping, they often turn into permanent roles), you've got to walk the streets and keep doing it until you find a job. Make it a fulltime job to find a job. Savvy?