Saturday, April 7, 2012

Chances of ever getting into a good college


Chances of ever getting into a good college?
Okay, well first of all at the moment im finishing my freshman year online. Do online high school courses look bad on my resume? Secondly, im going to be spending three out of four of my high school years not in America. Does that lessen my chances? Im usually a straight A student easily but seem to be struggling with algebra I honors at the moment ): but I am getting tutoring and doing better. Lately, ive been completely amd utterly stressing out about college and i know its a bit early but everyone knows how competitive it is these days. The MAIN THING i have against me right now is so far i have NO EXTRA CIRRICULARS!!! which is freaking me out but im not in school, like I said im doing it online. Last year, i resided in wellington new zealand but entered half way through the school year and wasnt allowed to join anything annoyingly. Ontop of that their education was a year behind academically so i get no credits for the six months i spent in school there but luvkily i was doing it online at the same time for the american cirriculum. Im generally from america i was raised in los angeles so i have the dreamd of big nice colleges like everyone else. A year ago i stood out as a student. Captain of teams student council prez salutatorial alter serving community service, everything you could ever want in a well rounded student. Moving ruined everything for me or so it seems. Either way it makes everything another level of difficulty. The main things im looking for answers on is: 1: is being out of country for the majority of my highschool years going to greatly impact me?(will be in america for senior year) 2: how badly does my freshman year reflect on my resume?(no extra cirriculars) 3: can the fact of living in 3 different countries over they three years in any way look like a good thing??? 4: how much more effort do you think ill need to put in to syick put above the rest? 5: at the moment it looks like im going to Raffles Girls School - the top government school in singapore with a world wide aknowleged IB program. Is that jst at good or better than going to an international school? (hoping it may make them think of how ive experienced and done well in different cultures and still succeeded in such different environments) i cant help but think all this moving is going to ruin any chance i ever had of going to a school like UCLA or Duke. Ive worked so hard my whole short life for such things.(i had been accepted to some of the top private schools in california and scouted by them in basketball) amd my record was impecable i just fear that it was all for nothing. Please, id much appreciate your oppinion on all of this. Anything would be helpful - advice, ect. Thank you in advance an please excuae my spelling im fastly typing away on my iphone at 1:30am :)
Higher Education (University +) - 0 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
School in New Zealand is actually very good, and there are some fine private schools. If you make sure you're in an IB program, your diploma will be recognized all over the world. Elite USA schools will be impressed. Consider also the New Zealand universities. Aukland is good overall. Canterbury, in Christchurch is good. Otago is good for Medical studies.