Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Has anyone been denied entry into a country yet for destroying the RFID chip in your passport


Has anyone been denied entry into a country yet for destroying the RFID chip in your passport?
These RFID chips are planted in pets, passports, and soon us. I was recently denied entry by Immigration/Customs of New Zealand apparently because they thought I was going to work in there country illegally, or at least that's what I guess. I was in jail for 2 days and with the flying time plus time zone change the nightmares of interrogation, searching through my journal, my wallet, my tampons, my pockets, even strip searched (bending over naked) while humiliated and tired, went on for 5 days there stuck in limbo of the Wellington Airport of NZ. At one point they wanted to take me to the local hospital to check my insides for drugs they were assuming i was trying to smuggle in simply because I had laxatives in my toiletries. How much power is too much power? Immigration and Customs are harsh and cruel and wield too much power. Period. As an extensive traveler of the world, I fully plan to take a stand against RFID chips because our liberties are taken away daily by democracies every single day. By the way, I'm an American.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, good for you. You certainly DO have the right to take a stand against chips however at the same time a sovereign nation has the right to implement what ever restrictions they choose with regards to who may or may not enter the country and under what conditions they may enter it. The way things are going and if you continue with your protest you will pretty much be restricted to travel within the US which will certainly not bother any other country much. Feel free to exercise your rights all you want.
2 :
Is it any wonder people in other countries don't like pompous, know-it-all, arrogant, thick-headed Americans? You may be against the RFID chips in passports and pets, and if you don't like it - stay home! After your ordeal, you would think you would learn a lesson - no one in immigration in other countries really cares about what you think of the chips. I'm sure they were pretty clear about why they were detaining you, as well. I just can't get past wondering why you would do something like that, and cause all the problems for yourself??? You think "your liberties" take precedence over the laws and rules of other countries, and you are dead wrong. If you like spending time in jails all over the world, just keep doing what you are doing and you will get what you deserve. You are an embarrassment - and I'm an American who abides by the rules other countries (as well as my own) have put in place for the safety of everyone. Oh, and my dog has been microchipped and registered, vaccinated and desexed - because I'm a responsible pet owner who loves her dog and if he ever got lost, would hope the microchip would get him back to me.